|Credit line||Gift of Mrs. John Wilson of Wilmington|
|Year Range from||1790|
|Year Range to||1795|
|Makers mark||"S. Barnet / Wilmington" branded on the bottom of the seat.|
Windsor chair with bamboo turnings; bow back with nine central spindles; the scrolled ends of mortised arms have ogee supports; saddle seat; caned legs; H-stretchers with plain side stretcher swelling in the center to accommodate the bamboo-turned medial stretcher.
|Dimensions||H-34.25 W-21.5 D-20.5 inches|
|Owned||Gunning Bedford, Jr.|
Original owner was Gunning Bedford Jr. (17471812), who left it to his daughter Henrietta J. Bedford upon his death. She then left it to her friend, William McCaulley, whose widow gave it to Mrs. John Wilson, who donated it to the Society.
Bedford, Jr., Gunning
Gunning Bedford, Jr.
New Castle County
|Place of Origin||Wilmington|